The college has separate hostel for women. Exclusively, one block for women, in accommodating more than 300 students are provided.
The girl’s hostel has Shuttle courts, Table tennis and a shop to facilitate the students. The hostel blocks also have STD facility.
Rules and Regulations for HOSTEL Residents
- No student should stay in the hostel, without specific permission from the warden, when the college is working.
- The Mess Timings are Breakfast: 7.30a.m – 8.00a.m Lunch: As provided in the college timetable Tea: 4.30p.m – 5.00 p.m Dinner: 7.30p.m – 8.00p.m
- The study hours in the hostel are from 8.30 p.m to 10.30 p.m daily. During the study hours, the students are expected to stay in their rooms and keep their rooms open. They should avoid group discussions
- Students can entertain the visitors only during the visiting hours. The normal visiting hours are from 4.00p.m to 6.00p.m on working days and from 8.00a.m to 6.00p.m on Sundays and other holidays.
- Permission to go out of the Hostel will be given only once in a month on a holiday. They can leave the Hostel after 6.30a.m and should return before 6.00p.m
- No student will be allowed to go out based on a phone message. Phone calls from outsiders, other than parents of students, are strictly prohibited.
- Students will ordinarily be permitted to go home only if the college is closed continuously for more than 5 days or more. Students going out of the hostel either to the city or on a holiday should enter the date and time of leaving the hostel and date and time of returning to the hostel.
- Any student willing to attend a function in the house, marriage or any other ceremony will be permitted to go only if the request is directly made by the parents to the principal.
- Local guardians authorised by parents of the students are intended to take care of the students welfare and provide moral support. They may visit the students periodically during visiting hours. Students are not permitted to stay in the local guardian’s house overnight nor can the local guardians invite their wards to their houses over phone.
- Parents, local guardians and visitors can meet the students only in the visitors hall and not in any other place. Students are discouraged from taking their friends along with them when they meet the visitors.
- Day Scholars are not allowed to visit the hostels on any account.
- Students are expected to keep their rooms neat and tidy and are responsible for the furniture and bedding provided to them.